MAGIQUE MAPLE RUM GRANOLA
Crunchy toasted oats, dates, and pecans are kissed with the savory-sweet flavors of rum and vanilla for a magique twist on a breakfast classic.
- 5 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1/3 cup turbinado sugar
- 1/2 tsp Sel Magique Classic Blend
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup melted butter, unsalted
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbs rum
- 2 drops vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees f
- In a large bow, mix together all dry ingredients. Add butter, maple syrup, rum, nutmeg and vanilla to evenly coat the oats. Add nuts and dates and combine.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment, spread mixture evenly, and bake for 30 minutes. Remove, stir well, and redistribute on the sheet. Return to oven and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Ovens differ - and watch as you bake, a light golden brown color is the goal.
- Remove and let cool (cooling will crisp the granola). Serve with milk (whole, oat, almond ...) over yogurt, with fresh fruit. Enjoy as a dessert with ice cream.