By August 30, 2018Published:
- Prep: 30 mins
- Cook: 45 mins
- Ready In: 1 hr 15 mins
This recipe is a great way to showcase the eggplants and basil you just hauled from the market and use up those leftover grains in the fridge.
- 4 small to medium eggplants halved lengthwise
- 6 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil divided
- 1 1 1/2 piece ginger peeled, finely grated
- 1/4 cup white miso
- 3 tbsp tamari soy sauce
- 2 tbsp unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 cucumbers sliced into rounds
- 4 scallions sliced crosswise into 2
- 2 1/2 cups mixed cooked grains (such as barley, faro, quinoa)
- 1 cup basil leaves
- a pinch of Sel Magique Classic, Spicy or Salt & Pepper Blend
- Place a rack in upper third of oven; preheat to 400°. Score cut sides of eggplants with a sharp knife. Rub with 2 Tbsp. oil and season with Sel Magique. Roast, skin side down, on a large rimmed baking sheet until tender but not browned, 22–28 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk ginger, miso, tamari, vinegar, sugar, and remaining 4 Tbsp. oil in a medium bowl until smooth. Set 3 Tbsp. glaze aside in another medium bowl.
- Increase oven temperature to 450°. Spoon remaining glaze over cut sides of eggplants. Roast until glaze is browned and bubbling, 12–15 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- While the eggplants are cooling, whisk lime juice into reserved glaze. Add cucumbers, scallions, grains, and basil and toss to coat.
- Divide eggplants among plates; spoon grain salad over. Add a pinch of your favorite Sel Magique salt blend.
- Recipe found on Bonappetit.com