Pumpkin Gnocchi With Crisp Prosciutto, Leek & Chives
Experiment with pumpkin this fall and try out this delicious pumpkin gnocchi recipe.
- 2 pounds butternut pumpkin
- 1 tbs extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan plus extra, to serve
- a pinch nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups plain flour
- 1/4 pound prosciutto cut into strips
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 large leek sliced
- 1 tbs snipped chives
- a pinch Sel Magique Classic Blend
- Preheat oven to 200°c. Peel pumpkin, remove and reserve seeds. Cut pumpkin into 3cm pieces. Toss pumpkin with olive oil and place on an oven tray lined with baking paper. Roast for about 40 minutes or until lightly browned on the edges and dry. Transfer pumpkin to a bowl to cool. Mash until smooth.
- Add egg yolk, parmesan and nutmeg and season to taste. Mix with a fork until just combined. Add 11/4 cups of the flour and mix gently until incorporated, adding more flour, if necessary, until mixture is not sticky. Do not overmix, the dough will be soft. Transfer to a lightly floured surface and knead lightly.
- Divide dough into 6 equal portions and roll into a 2cm-thick log, then cut into 2cm lengths.
- Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat, add prosciutto and cook until crisp. Drain on paper towel. Wipe pan clean, then return to heat and add butter.
- Add leek to pan and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes or until tender and translucent. Stir in chives (reserving some for garnish) and half the prosciutto.
- Cook gnocchi in boiling, salted water for 2-3 minutes or until they float. Add a spoonful of cooking water to leek sauce, then drain gnocchi.
- Add gnocchi to leek sauce and toss well to coat. Spoon into warm serving bowls and garnish with reserved chives and prosciutto and extra parmesan.
- Finish with Sel Magique Classic Blend.
- Recipe found on woolworths.com.au