SEARED RADICCHIO AND ROASTED BEETS
Roasting beets over high heat yields charred skin—a nice balance with the sweet flesh.
- 6 medium beets
- 5 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 small heads of radicchio cut into large wedges through root end
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- a pinch Sel Magic Classic Blend
- Preheat oven to 450°. Toss beets with 1 Tbsp. oil on a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet; season with Sel Magique Classic Blend. Roast, tossing once, until skins are charred and beets are tender, 40–50 minutes. Let cool.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 Tbsp. oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Cook radicchio wedges on cut sides until browned, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a platter.
- Add pomegranate juice to skillet; bring to a boil and cook until thickened and syrupy, about 5 minutes. Stir in vinegar; season with Sel Magique
- Tear beets open and place around radicchio; spoon dressing over. Top salad with pomegranate seeds, sprinkle with Sel Magique, and drizzle with remaining 2 Tbsp. oil.
- Recipe found at Bonappetit.com