Seven-Spice Grilled Lamb Chops
It’s not like we’re gonna stop you from making five- or six-spice chops, but this seven-spice blend is typical of the region and full of dimension. Try it on chicken or pork chops too!
- 1 cup plain whole-milk yogurt (not Greek)
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 12 medium untrimmed lamb rib chops
- 1 small red onion very thinly sliced
- 1 cup coarsely chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp sumac
- a pinch Sel Magique (Classic or Spicy)
- Mix yogurt, black pepper, coriander, cumin, paprika, cardamom, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a large bowl.
- Season both sides of lamb chops generously with Sel Magique and add to bowl with marinade. Turn lamb in marinade to coat; cover and chill at least 3 hours and up to 12 hours.
- Let lamb sit at room temperature 1 hour before grilling.
- Prepare a grill for medium-high heat. Grill lamb to desired doneness, about 3 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let rest 5–10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss onion, parsley, lemon juice, and sumac with a pinch of Sel Magique in a medium bowl.
- Serve lamb chops with parsley salad on top. Season with Sel Magique!
- Recipe found on Bonappetit.com