You’ll use this Shallot Vinaigrette recipe over and over again on simple salads, to dress grilled or roasted vegetables, it’s also an elegant finish for grilled or baked meats. Vegetarian? this splashed over a baked portabello or cauliflower is kind of perfect. Discover your favorite use for this recipe, and commit it to memory - it's your failsafe dressing recipe.
- 1-2 large shallots, minced Alternate - 1-2 cloves minced garlic
- 3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbs red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/2 tsp Sel Magique Classic Blend
- A general rule of thumb is 3:1 - or 3 parts olive oil to 1 part acid (here as vinegar), so - if you wish to make more or less dressing adjust the oil and vinegar and other ingredients accordingly.
- Add the minced shallot, dijon, Sel Magique, and pepper into a mediul mixing bowl.
- Add vinegar and olive oil
- Whisk together until emulsified. The reason this dressing comes together so easily is the dijon mustard. It acts as a binder, suspending the tiny drops of vinegar in the olive oil without breaking.
- Toss into your fresh greens or vegetables, serve immediately.