SHRIMP SUMMER ROLL SALAD
This salad is inspired by the traditional Vietnamese Summer Rolls but is a deconstructed option that is easier to throw together – you still get the amazing flavour without having to do the time consuming rolling!
- 8 ounces thin vermicelli noodles
- 3/4 pounds large unpeeled shrimp
- 2 large handfuls iceberg or other lettuce thinly sliced
- 2 large carrots halved lengthwise & thinly sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper cored & cubed
- 1/2 medium English cucumber quartered & sliced
- 1 ripe avocado diced
- 1 large handful fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/2 cup peanut sauce
- Sel Magique Classic, Spicy or Salt & Pepper Blend
- Prepare noodles according to package instructions. While they soak, bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil over high. Once water is boiling, season with 2 large pinches of salt. Add shrimp and simmer until just cooked through, about 3 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water until cool. Peel, devein and cut shrimp into thirds (or leave whole, if you prefer).
- Divide noodles among 4 shallow bowls. Top with lettuce, carrots, pepper, cucumber, avocado, cooked shrimp and cilantro, if using. Drizzle with thinned Peanut Sauce and serve. Finish with a generous pinch of your favorite Sel Magique salt blend.
- You can keep all prepped ingredients separate in the fridge and let people compose their own salads, or compose them in advance, cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 1 day. Either way, cut and add the avocado and dress the salad right before serving.
- Recipe found on familycircle.com