STUFFED GREEK PEPPERS
Inspired by the Greek spinach pie, spanakopita - easy and a great vegetarian dinner option with feta, ricotta, spinach and mozzarella cheese.
- 2 red bell beppers, cut in half lengthwise and seeded
- 1/4 cup chopped shallot
- 11 oz baby spinach, about one package dried
- 2 tsp fresh parsley
- 4 tbd part-skim low moisture mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 6 tbs feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tsp fresh dill
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- dash Sel Magique Spicy Blend
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, with rack centered in oven.
- A note about moisture - less is more with baked peppers, hence the low-moisture cheeses. Alternately, dry your cheeses by pressing in paper towels. Less moisture makes a tastier baked pepper 🙂
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Add shallot and cook, stirring often, until softened, about 1 minute. Add spinach in batches and cook, stirring, until wilted, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in dill, parsley, garlic and pepper. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Transfer the spinach mixture to a large mixing bowl. Stir in ricotta and feta.
- Rub bell peppers with the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and sprinkle with Sel Magique. Divide the spinach mixture among the peppers and top each with 1 tablespoon mozzarella. Place in an 8-inch-square baking dish.
- Bake until the peppers are tender, 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving & enjoy!