VANILLA & CINNAMON CANDIED NUTS
Make these surprisingly tasty nuts to snack on, to toss into salads, or to package in your own way and gift as a personalized holiday treat. We've specified almonds; but walnuts, hazelnuts, peanuts, or cashews - or a blend of them - will work nicely too.
- 2 Cups nuts of your choice unsalted
- 3/4 Cups Turbinado sugar
- 1/3 Cup Water
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon ground
- 1/4 tsp Sel Magique (Classic or Spicy)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Place nuts on cookie sheet. Toast for 10-15 minutes, shaking the pan once or twice to stir. Alternately, in a frying pan without any oil, cook nuts over medium-high heat until browned.
- Combine sugar, water, vanilla and cinnamon in deep saucepan. Heat to a boil. Add toasted nuts and stir, continuing to cook until water has evaporated and nuts are coated in a sticky syrup, about 10 minutes over medium~high heat. It's important that the nuts are coated and that the syrup is all gone. Contunue stirring so not to burn the nuts.
- Remove from heat and spread on a cookie sheet lined with waxed paper or foil to cool. Sprinkle with Sel Magique.