WATERMELON FETA TERRINE SALAD
This fresh and delicious recipe is sure to cool you down on a hot summer day! Easy-to-make layers of watermelon, feta and arugula become more irresistible with a balsamic reduction and dash of Sel Magique. Serve a full, half or quarter slice to your lunch guests as a starter salad, or make it bite size with a toothpick to serve as a passed hors d'oeuvre. This graphic dish is a real crowd pleaser. Enjoy!
- 8 ounces feta cheese buy Feta that's about 4" x 4" x 1.5" thick
- 2 cups baby arugula approximately
- 1 medium seedless watermelon, chilled
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- Sel Magique Classic Blend
- Pour 1/2 cup of Balsamic vinegar into a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer stirring occasionally to reduce the mixture to about half its volume.
- Remove from heat, transfer to a glass, and let cool for 30 minutes.
- Slice the feta into 4 pieces that are 1/4" thick.
- Slice the watermelon into 4 triangles that measure about half the size of the feta slices.
- Layer your salad by laying the first feta slice on a plate, add a layer of arugula on top, two watermelon triangles, arugula, and top off the salad with another layer of watermelon.
- Drizzle the balsamic reduction over the finished terrine.
- Finish with a sprinkle of Sel Magique Classic Blend and enjoy!