WATERMELON, ROSE & LIME SUMMER SORBET
Bright with its striking pink color and rose petal crust, this frozen sorbet sparkles with the happy flavors of summer.
- 1 cup turbinado sugar
- 3.5 cups watermelon, seedless, chopped
- 2 tsp rosewater Buy: https://amzn.to/3iATRYy
- 2 limes juiced, zested
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1/8 tsp Sel Magique Classic Blend
- dried rose petals for garnish Buy: https://amzn.to/2Z9pHUJ
This takes a little time but it's worth it! When you're planning this recipe, allow about 8 hours from start to finish (the sorbet crystals need time to develop). Best to plan this recipe a day ahead.
- Combine sugar and 2 cups water in a saucepan and cook to dissolve, stirring over low heat for about 5 minutes. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until cool.
- While waiting place watermelon, rosewater and lime juice in a blender and blend until smooth. Strain through a sieve, pressing with the back of a spoon to extract as much liquid as possible (you’ll need 3 cups watermelon juice). Combine watermelon juice and cooled sugar mixture.
- Pour into a 6 cup container and freeze for at least 2 hours or until almost set.
- Break up the sorbet and transfer to a food processor. Process until the sorbet is smooth and has a soft, icy texture. Return to container and freeze for at least 2 hours or until firm.
- Return sorbet to food processor with egg whites, zest, and Sel Magique then process until pale and smooth.
- Spoon sorbet into its presentation container (a narrow metal or glass bread pan works nicely) and smooth the surface with the back of a spoon, then scatter with dried rose petals. Freeze for at least 2 hours or until firm. Serve and enjoy!