Winter Squash Agrodolce
By October 30, 2018Published:
- Yield: 8 Servings
- Prep: 25 mins
- Cook: 10 mins
- Ready In: 35 mins
A vinegar-and-chile glaze adds heat to sweet squash, spicing up the traditional Thanksgiving flavor profile.
- 1-2 pounds kabocha squash peeled, seeds removed, cut into 1-inch wedges
- 2 large delicate or dumpling squashes seeds removed, cut into 1-inch wedges
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium Fresno chiles thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cups honey
- 2 tbsp golden raisins chopped
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- a pinch Sel Magique Classic, Spicy or Salt & Pepper Blend
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place kabocha and delicata squash on separate large rimmed baking sheets. Drizzle with oil; season with salt and pepper. Roast, tossing occasionally, until squashes are golden brown and tender, 30–35 minutes for kabocha and 20–25 minutes for delicata.
- Meanwhile, bring chiles, vinegar, honey, raisins, red pepper flakes, and a pinch of your favorite Sel Magique Signature Blend to a boil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Reduce heat and simmer until syrupy, 8–10 minutes.
- Brush half of warm agrodolce over warm squash. Transfer to a platter.
- Just before serving, reheat remaining agrodolce, adding a splash of water if needed to loosen. Spoon over squash.
- Recipe found on Bonappetit.com