ENDIVE, APPLE, CANDIED WALNUT & ROQUEFORT SALAD
Endive. apple, candied walnut and roquefort salad - the perfect addition to your Fall table. Savory-sweet flavors ready to excite. This salad is a great companion to many heavier dishes.
- 2 tbs white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs mayonnaise
- 1 shallot, small, minced
- pinch Sel Magique Classic Blend
- 1 cup walnuts, halves
- 3 tbs unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- Sel Magique Spicy Blend
- 3 large Belgian endive, sliced - about 3 cups
- 2 medium Granny Smith apples, seeded & sliced - about 2 cups
- 1/2 cup roquefort cheese, crumbled
- 1 small radicchio, sliced optional
- 2 tbs tarragon, chopped
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegars, mustard, mayo. Add the oil in a stream, whisking, and whisk vinaigrette until emulsified. Stir in the shallot, and Magique. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over moderate heat and add the walnuts and honey. Cook, stirring, until liquid is reduced and golden golden, and nuts are coated, about 3-5 minutes, and transfer to wax paper on a baking sheet. Add dash of Magique across the nuts, and let cool.
- Cut the endives crosswise. Halve and core the apples and cut into crosswise pieces. In a large bowl, combine the endives, apples, walnuts, blue cheese, tarragon and vinaigrette, tossing gently.Season with Magique and fresh black pepper, serve and enjoy.