GRILLED ROMAINE SALAD
Grilled Romaine salad with smoky flavors from the char and simply dressed with olive oil, grated parmesan, lemon juice and Sel Magique salt. Mix it up too, try crumbled blue cheese & bacon, or make it a smoky Caesar.
- 2 heads fresh, crispy/firm romaine lettuce - cut vertically to make 4 halves
- 2 tbs olive oil
- sel magique salt & pepper blend
- Black Pepper to taste
- 2 oz parmesan cheese, grated (fine)
- Clear your grill and make sure everything is clean, turn to medium high
- Brush lettuce halves liberally with 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, cut side and back side. Then sprinkle each with a dash of Sel Magique (only a little bit, don't over-salt)
- Grill for 3 minutes, cut side down, pressing with your tongs to make sure the lettuce gets a good sear. Flip and grill for 2 more minutes.
- Remove from grill. Sprinkle with a touch more Magique and 4 grinds of fresh black pepper for each half, drizzle with remaining olive oil. Then squeeze fresh lemon juice over each half.
- Shave more parmesan over the grilled romaine, and serve. Enjoy!