Simple argula salad as a perfect side dish with shaved parmesan and toasted pine nuts for a little crunch, finished with Sel Magique Salt & Pepper Blend. The beauty of this salad is that it goes together so fast and packs a bright peppery arugula punch that pairs with nearly anything. Arugula is one of our favorite lettuces, but remember it can get a little soggy and is best enjoyed immediately after dressing. The bulk of the recipe is the dressing - the rest of it is the arugula, parmesan, and toasted pine nuts - it's so easy.
Servings: 4 people
- 1 shallot, finely minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2.5 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- Sel Magique Salt & Pepper Blend, to taste
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 3.5 cups baby arugula, about 5oz
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup shaved parmesan
- Combine the shallot, oil, vinegar, mustard, honey and Magique in a small mason jar and shake to emulsify; alternately use a whisk and small bowl.
- In a large bowl, toss the arugula with enough of the vinaigrette to just coat the leaves.
- Season with additional Magique Salt & Pepper Blend and top with toasted pine nuts and parmesan, serve immediately and enjoy!