WATERMELON, TOMATO & CUCUMBER SALAD WITH CRUMBLED FETA
Watermelon, tomato, & cucumber salad with crumbled feta cheese plus fresh parsley and finished with Sel Magique for amazing flavors.
- 2 cups ripe watermelon, seedless, sliced into wedges about 1 small or 1/2 large watermelon
- 2 cups heirloom tomatos, sliced into wedges about 2 large
- 1 cup sliced cucumber about 2 small cucumbers, Persian type if available
- 1/2 cup red onion, sliced about 1/2 of a medium red onion
- 1/3 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbs honey
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp Sel Magique Classic Blend
- Black Pepper, fresh ground
- Make the dressing ahead: In a non-metallic small bowl combine the balsamic vinegar, honey, olive oil and Magique. Mix together, cover and refrigerate until you're ready to serve the salad.
PREPPING THE SALAD
- Slice the tomatoes into wedges about 1/2" thick, removing the core. Arrange onto paper toweling and let sit for 5 minutes to help absorb liquid.
- Slice watermelon to remove rind and into wedges, about 1" x 2" or as you prefer, place in a large ceramic, glass or wood bowl.
- Using a vegetable peeler, slice alternating strips of the skin along the sides of the cucumber, then slice into 1/4" pieces.
- Remove tomatoes from paper towels and add to bowl with watermelon, cucumbers, red onion and parsley.
- When ready to serve, toss first with the dressing, add a generous grind of black pepper and crumbled feta, and gently toss again to fold everything together. Serve and enjoy!