BLACK TRUFFLE SALT SEARED SCALLOPS
Umami-rich truffled scallops seared with a kiss of honey and accompanied with sautéed garlic mushroom spinach. Ready in about 20 minutes.
Servings: 4 people
- 2 large skillets
- 6 large scallops ("dry" as possible, not soaked in a solution) 2 scallops per serving, adjust if using small scallops
- 2 tbs unsalted butter
- 3 tbs honey
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- Sel Magique Black Truffle Sea Salt
- 6 oz fresh baby spinach
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup sliced fresh button mushrooms
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Sel Magique Classic Blend or Black Truffle Blend Use Black Truffle if you want to 'super' the truffle flavors
- Black pepper to taste
SCALLOPS - PREP
- It is essential to rinse the scallops, then pat them dry with paper towels - a wet or moist scallop won't develop the golden brown sear that makes this dish so good, so dry them completely and set aside.
SPINACH - MAKE THIS NEXT
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; saute until tender, about 2 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add spinach in batches; cook and stir until wilted, about 1 minute. Season with Magique and a healthy grind of fresh black pepperBlack. On four plates, arrange into 4 small nests - the scallops will go on top.
SCALLOPS - SEARING
- Heat 1 tablespoon of butter in a separate large skillet over medium-high heat, let the skillet get to temperature, and the butter slightly bubble before adding the scallops. Cook scallops, in a single layer, until golden brown and just cooked through, about 1.5 - 2 minutes per side. Be careful - it is very easy to overcook these.
- Add the remaining butter, honey, lemon juice, an a generous dash of Sel MagiqueBlack Truffle Sea Salt, 2-3 pinches, and evenly coat the scallops with the glaze mixture.
- Place the scallops on top of the spinach, and serve immediately. Enjoy!