GRILLED ZUCCHINI WITH HERBED GOAT CHEESE
Grilled zucchini topped with lemon and fresh basil goat cheese and finished with brown butter breadcrumbs. A delicious side dish or snack.
Servings: 4 People
- 4 zucchini squash, medium
- 10 oz goat cheese, softened
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped, plus more for garnish
- Sel Magique Salt and Pepper Blend
- 2 tsp freshly grated lemon zest
- olive oil, to brush on the zucchini
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes, crushed
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated for topping
BROWN BUTTER BREADCRUMBS
- 2 tbs unsalted butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup panko bread crumbs, seasoned type
- Preheat grill.
- Add the butter to a small saucepan over medium heat and whisk constantly until it bubbles. The minute brown bits begin to form on the bottom of the pan, add in minced garlic and breadcrumbs. Stir constantly, cooking for a few minutes until the breadcrumbs are golden and crunchy. Set aside.
- Slice each zucchini in half lengthwise. Place them on a baking sheet. Scoop out the center using a spoon to create a well, discard scooped centers.
- Brush the zucchini all over with olive oil, sprinkle the tops with Magique.
- In a bowl, stir together the goat cheese, garlic, basil, lemon zest, pepper flakes and a pinch of Salt & Pepper Magique.
- Place the zucchini on the grill, cut-side down, and grill for 3 to 5 minutes, until it’s slightly golden and charred. Transfer the zucchini back to a baking sheet. Scoop the goat cheese into the center of each zucchini. Once the zucchini are all filled, transfer them back to the grill, stuffed side up. Close the lid and grill for another 3 to 5 minutes. The cheese should be bubbly and melty and the zucchini will have grill marks.
- Remove the zucchini from the grill and top with the bread crumbs. Top with parmesan and fresh basil, serve and enjoy!