HERBED CHEESE GARLIC BREAD
A perfect side dish for nearly any meal - herbed cheese garlic bread sliced hassleback style and filled with buttery garlic, two cheeses, thyme and parsley, made more flavorful with a dash of Sel Magique and ready in about 40 minutes.
Servings: 30 slices approx
- 2 crusty bread baguettes / batons
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 5 ounces mozzarella block
- 5 ounces mild cheddar
- 1 tbs fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 tbs fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 pinch Sel Magique Salt & Pepper Blend
- Heat oven to 375 degrees f
- Mash the crushed garlic into the softened butter, and add the thyme and parsley, and a dash (about 1/16 teaspoon) of Magique Salt & Pepper Blend. Mix completely. Cut through the 2 baguettes/batons every 1/2" leaving the slices attached at the base so the loaf stays together - aka 'hassleback'
- Spread the butter mixture into each cut, on both sides, leaving a little to spread on top. Cut the mozzarella and cheddar into small slices, and tuck one of each into each cut. Wrap the bread in foil and bake for 15-20 minutes. Open the foil and crisp up for 5 minutes more. Serve warm & Enjoy!