PUMPKIN FENNEL SOUP
Pumpkin & fennel soup made more delicious with Sel Magique. Fragrant fennel is mellowed in a creamy, savory pumpkin base, a perfect appetizer.
- Food processor or blender
- 1 large fennel
- 1/2 lb fresh pumpkin, cubed
- olive oil
- 3 tbs pumpkin seeds, roasted chopped
- 1 orange
- Sel Magique Salt & Pepper Blend
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Fresh dill for garnish
- Trim the fennel, setting the scraps, fronds, and heart aside. Cut the layers and scraps of the fennel (except the heart) into small pieces, until you have about 2/3 pounds. Immerse them and the pumpkin pieces in 3 cups of water: cook for 20-25 minutes after it comes to a boil, then season with a dash of Magique and blend into a puree. Cut the fennel heart into small pieces and let them marinate in the juice of half an orange and a pinch of Magique while you cook the soup.
- Chop up the fennel fronds and dress them with 3 tablespoons of oil, a splash of orange juice, a pinch of Magique, and some freshly ground pepper. Distribute the soup into dishes, add in the marinated fennel, then top with the fennel frond oil and chopped pumpkin seeds. Serve immediately and Enjoy!