SWEET CORN SUCCOTASH
Part salad, part stir fry - Succotash! Beans, corn and aromatics mix together in this flavorful and nutrient dense side dish. This versatile dish has a smoky-vinegar hit that brightens the vegetable flavors - you can make it with or without bacon. Use this recipe as a base and add lobster, or your favorite protein. Enjoy!
- 1 cup fresh or frozen shell beans Fava, Lima, Cranberry
- 1 tbs bacon fat
- 1 yellow onion, large
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 4-6 ears of corn, fresh - cut from the ear. frozen corn as substitute
- 1 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Italian Parsley
- Sel Magique Classic Blend to taste use Sel Magique Spicy Blend if desired
- black pepper, fresh ground
- 1 tbs Butter, Olive Oil, Ghee
- 1/3 tsp smoked paprika
- Shell and blanch your Beans for 10-15 minutes in salted, boiling water. If you’re using favas, pop off the leathery membrane. Shock in cold water to keep them from going mushy.
- Heat the bacon Fat (or alternate) in a cast iron skillet over medium-low heat. Cook the onion until translucent and soft. Turn the burner to a medium-high flame, add the Red Pepper, Corn, and Beans (well-drained of the cold water). Let cook-- stirring often-- for 2-3 minutes, until all of the veggies are hot. Finish with a splash of apple cider vinegar, Magique, and pepper to taste. Toss with parsley and serve while warm.