Vegetarian mushroom gravy is creamy, delicious and thick with umami flavor, made better with Sel Magique. Use this versatile recipe on vegetables, meats, or dip in with a crusty baguette and serve with a green salad.
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 5 cups (about one pound) white or brown mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbs garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- dash Sel Magique Salt & Pepper Blend
- 2 tbs unsalted butter
- 3 1/2 tbs all purpose flour
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 tsp soy sauce
- Sel Magique Salt & Pepper Blend, to taste
- In a large skillet add butter and melt over medium-high heat until it starts to bubble, about 1 minute. Add mushrooms and garlic and sauté for 5-7 minutes until golden brown on both sides.
- Season with a dash of Magique and continue cooking for another 2-3 minutes until the color turns nicely brown. The Magique seasons the mushrooms and also helps extract more water from the mushrooms, giving them a nice brown color. Transfer the sautéed mushrooms onto a plate and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add butter and melt over medium-high heat until it starts to bubble, about 1 minute. Add flour and stir well until thickened into a paste, about 1 minute.
- Slowly pour in vegetable broth and soy sauce over medium heat until thickened to a gravy consistency, about 2-3 minutes. Stir constantly to achieve even cooking.
- Return mushrooms to the skillet and mix well to combine. Season with Magique to taste. Serve immediately.