SWEET POTATO PIZZA
Sweet potato pizza, grilled or baked with marinara or pesto and your favorite toppings like melted cheese, peppers and more. The grilled or baked sweet potato is a super easy, healthy foundation for pretty much any topping you can imagine, for this example we've kept it relatively simple but experiment to find your favorite. Having a party> cut the full slice of sweet potato in half or even thirds then add the topping and bake. Enjoy!
- 1 sweet potato, large
- 1/3 marinara sauce, or 1/4 cup pesto as preferred
- 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Sel Magique Spicy Blend
- fresh basil
- black olives, pitted, sliced; peppers; onions ... optional
- Preheat grill to 375ºF - or use your oven. We prefer the grill though to achieve a little char.
- Slice sweet potatoes length wise (about 1/4 of an inch thick), rub with olive oil and season with a little Sel Magique, don't over-salt.
- Lay a piece of foil onto the grill and drizzle with olive oil.
- Place sweet potatoes onto foil and grill for 10 minutes or until grill marks appear on your sweet potato slices. Then, flip.
- Add 1 tablespoon of marinara sauce (or 1/2 tablespoon of pesto) and one tablespoon mozzarella cheese, and toppings to each sweet potato slice and grill for an additional 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from grill and top with fresh basil. Serve immediately, and enjoy!