TRUFFLE BLACK PEPPER POPCORN
Buttery, crisp and addictive! This easy popcorn recipe is spiced with black pepper and made delicious with our remarkable truffle salt.
- 4 tbs unsalted butter
- 3 tbs coconut oil
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
- 3/4 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp Sel Magique Black Truffle Salt
BUTTERED TRUFFLE BLACK PEPPER TOPPING
- For fresh cracked pepper - either grind it or better yet, use whole peppercorns, finely crushed with a mortar and pestle.
- In a small skillet, add the butter and heat until just bubbling. Add the pepper and gently sauté for a minute to release the pepper essence. Remove from heat. Add Sel Magique Black Truffle Salt and mix together.
- Set a large deep pot on stovetop over medium heat (a Le Creuset pot works great)
- Add the coconut oil and 3 kernels and close the lid. When you hear a pop - add the rest of the popcorn. Cover, keeping the lid 1/4" or so open to let the steam escape. If you keep the lid fully covered, you'll get popcorn that's not crispy.
- While the kernels pop shake the pot occasionally to prevent burning. Cook, while keeping the lid ajar, until the popping slows - about 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Transfer the popcorn to a large bowl, and drizzle generously with the topping. Use two large wooden spoons to gently coat the popcorn. Serve immediately, and enjoy!