Refreshing & cool for hot summer days - with yogurt, cilantro, and lime, simple and tasty and so easy to make. Serve as-is for a vegetarian treat, or add chilled shrimp to make it more of a meal. Garnish with finely chopped shallot, diced cucumber, cilantro and scallions for delicious texture and beautiful color. Enjoy!
- 1 large English cucumber, about 12 oz, sliced
- 1/3 jalapeño, seeds removed, sliced
- 1 tbs shallot, chopped, plus more for garnish
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro, leafed (substitute Italian parsley or basil if you dislike cilantro)
- 1 1/2 tbs fresh lime juice
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 tsp Sel Magique Classic Blend
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Prep any garnishes you are using, finely dicing cucumber and shallot, slicing scallions, etc.
- To serve, divide the chilled soup among bowls and garnish. This dish is kind of all about the garnish so get creative with a swirl of sour cream, poached shrimp if using, diced avocado, diced cucumber, diced scallops or chives, whatever you feel will look best. Serve and enjoy!