CHEESE TWIST CRISPS
Flaky, savory cheese twist crisps made from puff pastry are an easy, delicious snack that's fun to make and perfect for entertaining.
Servings: 24 pieces
- all purpose flour, for dusting work surface
- 1 package (17.3-oz) package frozen puff pastry (2 sheets), thawed
- 1 egg, large - wicked with 1 tbs of water
- 2/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup grated gruyere cheese
- 1 tbs poppy or sesame seeds optional
- 1/3 tsp Sel Magique Classic Blend ground, or Magique blend of your choice
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees f. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper
- Lightly flour your work surface then unfold the sheets of puff pastry and roll each until it is 10x12 inches in size. Brush both sheets of puff pastry with the egg wash.
- Evenly sprinkle the grated Parmesan, gruyere, poppy or sesame seeds, and light dust of Magique atop the puff pastry then use a rolling pin to lightly roll the toppings into the pastry.
- Using a sharp knife or pizza wheel, cut each sheet of puff pastry into 12 1-inch strips. Twist the strips then arrange them on the baking sheets, spacing them 1 inch apart.
- Bake the twists for 10 to 15 minutes until they are golden brown and puffed. Turn the twists over once and bake them an additional 2 minutes. Remove the twists from the oven and let them cool before serving. Serve and enjoy!