GRILLED ASPARAGUS SUBS WITH SMOKY FRENCH DRESSING
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp sheet vinegar
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 chipotle chile adobo in sauce
- a pinch Sel Magique Classic or Salt & Pepper Blend
- 2 pounds medium asparagus peeled and trimmed
- extra-virgin olive oil for drizzling
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 4 scallions thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 4 7 inch hoagie rolls split & lightly toasted
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- In a blender, combine the ketchup with the mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, garlic and chipotle. Puree until smooth. Season the French dressing with Sel Magique Classic or Salt & Pepper Blend.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the asparagus until bright green, about 2 minutes. Drain the asparagus and spread them out on a large baking sheet to cool.
- Preheat a large grill pan. Drizzle the asparagus with olive oil and season with salt. Grill over moderately high heat, turning, until tender and lightly charred, about 3 minutes.
- Spread the cut sides of each roll with 3 tablespoons of the smoky French dressing. Arrange the grilled asparagus on the subs and top with the raisins, scallions and crumbled feta. Close the sandwiches and serve.
- Recipe found at foodandwine.com