AVOCADO MELON COLLAGE SALAD
This salad brings the flavors of summer together in a gorgeous assortment of flavors and colors - and it's so easy to make. Serve it on your favorite platter for the table as a dish, or arrange and serve with toothpicks and serve as an hors d'oeurve. You could also do individual plates arranged in small grid of 15 or so pieces. However you like to serve this, it's sure to be a favorite because the flavors of the fresh melon, feta, avocado and melon merge together so wonderfully. Enjoy!
Servings: 4 people
- 2 cups watermelon cubes, seedless, about 3/4"
- 2 cups cantaloupe cubes, about 3/4"
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1-2 seedless cucumbers, peeled and cut into 3/4" cubes
- 1-2 ripe avocados, chopped into 3/4" pieces
- 1 8oz block feta, cut into 3/4" cubes
- Sel Magique Classic Blend
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tbs fresh mint & basil, chopped
- 2 tbs champagne vinegar
- 2 tbs fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbs honey
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1/4 tsp Sel Magique Classic Blend
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp chili oil, or more if you prefer
- Whisk together the vinegar, lemon juice, hot honey, garlic, Magique and pepper until combined. Add in the olive oil while whisking the entire time. This dressing holds in the fridge for up to a week.
ASSEMBLE THE COLLAGE
- We've found 3/4" cubes work the best for a nice bite-size, so try to keep everything the same relative size so your grid arrangement looks gorgeous and uniform.
- Here's the creative part - assemble the cantaloupe, watermelon, cucumber and feta cubes on a dish, plate according tohow you'll be serving the dish. Make the dressing as directed. Chop the tomatoes and the avocado, stick them in between a few of the cubes.
- Sprinkle everything with a dash of Magique (don't over-salt) and a grind of fresh pepper. Drizzle with the dressing and cover with the fresh herbs. Serve and enjoy!