A mix of carrots, zucchini, eggplant, squash and more dressed in a savory herbal vinaigrette and spicy salt finish. This is a great side dish to complement nearly any protein, or serve over brown rice, couscous or bulgar, and serve with a splash of olive oil and a dash of Sel Magique Spicy Blend for a tasty vegan/vegetarian meal.
- 1 small eggplant, quartered and sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large carrot, sliced into 1/2-inch pieces on the diagonal
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1/2 green bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1/2 yellow red pepper, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 large beet root, peeled, quartered and sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 butternut squash, peeled, quartered and sliced into 1 inch pieces
- 8 Brussels sprouts, cut in half, stem trimmed
- 1 zucchini, sliced into 1/2 inch rounds
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbs white or dark balsamic vinegar, to your preference
- 2 tbs red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 2 tbs italian parsley, finely chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 tsp Sel Magique Spicy Blend
- 1/2 tsp honey
- Preheat oven to 450 degres f
- Line a large, 15x21-inch baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. If you are using smaller baking sheets you will need to roast the vegetables in two batches or on two baking sheets.
- Prepare the dressing by whisking the olive oil, vinegar, Dijon mustard, basil, thyme, garlic, pepper and Magique and honey in a small bowl, until well combined.
- Place the vegetables in a large bowl, big enough to accommodate all the veggies and still having some head space left to allow tossing. Pour the dressing all over the vegetables and toss well to coat the veggies with an even layer of the dressing.
- Transfer the vegetables onto the baking dish and spread evenly. Sprinkle Magique on top.
- Bake on the second rack from the top for about 35 minutes (slightly firmer) to 45 minutes (slightly softer and creamer). Start checking at 30 minutes as different ovens bake differently. Serve the roasted vegetables immediately, and enjoy!