HEIRLOOM TOMATO CHEDDAR TART
A mouthwatering heirloom tomato tart that tastes as good as it looks!
- 1 sheet frozen puff pasty thawed
- 1/3 cup basil pesto
- 1 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 4-6 heirloom tomatoes
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds
- Sel Magique Classic, Spicy or Salt & Pepper Blend
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves chopped, garnish
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lay the thawed puff pastry on the prepared baking sheet and prick the pastry with the tines of a fork. Spread the pesto over the dough, leaving a 1/4-inch boarder and top with cheddar cheese. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the pastry is golden and the cheese has melted.
- Remove from the oven and top the tart with tomatoes. Drizzle the tomatoes lightly with olive oil. Sprinkle sesame and poppy seeds. Top with basil. Finish with a generous pinch of your favorite Sel Magique salt blend.