HUMMUS & VEGGIE SUMMER LETTUCE WRAPS
Crisp romaine, hummus, sprouts, avocado and veggies delight with a drizzle of tangy tahini sauce. Fresh & delicious flavors await with this poolside nibble. Using romaine as the wrap is great because of the structure of the leaf - the crunchy spine makes these easy to eat, just fold up the sides and ejnoy like a taco. And, don't be limited by this recipe - nearly any protein / veggie / sauce combo works great in a lettuce wrap, it makes it fresh and tasty and provides healthy fiber as well. Super hot day? Prepare and chill just before serving.
- 1 head romaine, separated into individual leaves
- 1/2 cup plain hummus (your favorite store brand is great)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup alfalfa sprouts
- 1 cup finely shredded carrots
- 3/4 cup red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 medium ripe tomato, cubed
- 1 medium ripe avocado, cubed
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tbs maple syrup
- pinch Sel Magique Salt & Pepper Blend
- Prepare sauce by adding tahini, lemon juice, maple syrup, and Magique to a small mixing bowl and whisking to combine. Then add 1/2 tsp water a few times until the mixture is pourable. Add more Magique to taste as needed. Transfer to a small derving/dipping container.
- Arrange lettuce leaves on a your favorite platter and fill with 1-2 Tbsp hummus. Then top with tomatoes, sprouts, carrots, cabbage, and avocado.
- Drizzle with tahini sauce or serve on the side, and enjoy!