MAPLE DIJON ROASTED CARROTS
A glossy caramelized glaze of spicy dijon, miso, and maple syrup dress seasonal carrots and delight the palette in this simple recipe
- 2 lbs pounds carrots, well scrubbed or peeled Use young, thin carrots with the leaves still on so that they roast quickly.
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs maple syrup
- 1/2 tbs grainy mustard
- 1/2 tbs dijon mustard
- 1/2 tbs white miso paste omit for gluten free option
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1 tbs parsley, chopped for garnish
- 1/2 tbs rice vinegar
- 1 tsp Sel Magique Spicy Blend
- Toss the carrots in half of the mixture of the oil, maple syrup, mustards, miso, vinegar, Magique and garlic, arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated 400F/200C oven until tender and lightly golden brown, about 20-30 minutes, turning half way through, before tossing them in the remaining glaze and serving. Enjoy!