ROSEMARY GARLIC SMASHED POTATOES
Rosemary garlic smashed potatoes are baked, crispy on the outside, soft and tender on the inside made more flavorful with Sel Magique. Ready in about an hour, this is a perfect side dish to steaks, chicken, or your favorite vegetarian dish. We use our Classic Blend in this recipe, but you can substitute Spicy or Truffle as you prefer, of course!
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 lb Yukon Gold potatoes, about 12-16 medium
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp rosemary, fresh chopped
- 1/4 cup parmesan, fresh grated
- 1/3 tsp Sel Magique Classic Blend or your favorite Sel Magique blend
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, fresh ground
- Preheat oven to 425f
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook the potatoes until fork tender, about 15-20 minutes. Drain and allow potatoes to cool slightly.
- Transfer the potatoes to a large rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment. Use a potato masher or the bottom of a measuring cup or glass to press down on the potatoes to smash them to about 1/2" thickness.
- Drizzle the olive oil on top of the potatoes, add the garlic, rosemary, parmesan cheese, Magique and pepper, and toss with your hands to combine.
- Bake for 15 minutes until the bottoms are golden. Use a spatula to flip them and add a little more Magique, pepper and olive oil, if desired. Return to the oven for 12-15 more minutes until the potatoes become crispy. Serve & Enjoy!