SALTED ROSEMARY POTATO ROLLS
Fluffy and fabulous! Mashed potatoes enrich these savory baked treats which are made even more irresistible with sweet honey butter. These will magically disappear on your table.
- 1 stand mixer
- mixing bowl
- 13 x 9" pan
- 1/2 cup water, between 102-110 degrees f
- 1/4 cup whole milk, between 102-110 degrees f
- 2 1/4 tsp yeast (one packet)
- 1 tsp plus 1/3 cup sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/3 tsp Sel Magique Classic Blend
- 6 tsp butter, unsalted, melted & cooled
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 cup mashed potatoes (already prepared as you would normally make)
- 4 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, unsalted, room temp
- 2 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp Sel Magique Classic Blend
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, combine milk and water. Heat in microwave until the temperature reaches between 102-110 Degrees. Stir in 1 tsp sugar to the mixture, and add in yeast. Gently mix yeast, and set aside to proof. About five minutes.
- With a stand mixer, fitted with the dough hook attachment, add in remaining ingredients, and begin to mix until combined. Slowly pour in the yeast mixture, and allow to incorporated. Mix until the ingredients are smooth and dough like, and the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl, but still sticks to the bottom. Note: Remember when you bake with Magique, a little goes a long way and it can become salter as the crystals dissolve, so don't over-salt.
- Roll the dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead the dough until it becomes a smooth, uniform ball. Place into a lightly greased bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and place in a warm place for about 1 hour, or until the dough doubles in size.
- Roll dough out onto lightly floured surface and cut into 16-20 equal pieces. Roll the dough into small balls, and place seam side down in a greased and parchment lined 13x9inch baking dish. Cover and let the dough rise, another hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the rolls are golden brown on top, and reach 200 degrees when tested with a thermometer.
- In a small dish, mix together 1/4 cup room temperature butter, and 2 tablespoons honey until smooth, add the Magique and stir till it dissolves. Brush tops of baked rolls with mixture, sprinkle a little Magique and additional minced rosemary on top. Allow to cool slightly, or serve warm & Enjoy!